Clinton County, Indiana Arrest Records and Warrants

Please fill in the form below to begin your Indiana arrest records search

Male Female All
 
 
By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

A warrant application hearing has to mandatorily precede the issue of an active warrant in Clinton County, Indiana. This process has been established to make sure that the police cannot detain anybody on mere suspicion unless they have significant proof in their hand. In fact, the judiciary is appointed to ensure the adequacy of the evidence in a case before a person is actually brought in to face charges.

The sheriff's office or the victim of a criminal act has to file a complaint in court for the issue of arrest warrants. This affidavit is deliberated upon to ensure that the reasons given in the petition to explain the culpability of the alleged offender are enough for a person of reasonable mind to believe that the crime was indeed committed by the said individual.

After the probable cause is established, the magistrate has the authority to sign the order and put it into effect as a Clinton County active warrant. Another term that people frequently come across when conducting a warrant search is- outstanding warrant. This is simply a detention order that has stayed in the system without being served. There can be many reasons for the non-execution of a warrant.

However, it is imperative to understand that as long as an outstanding warrant remains in the database, the police are sitting on a significant amount of evidence against the accused. If you are looking for arrest records or a warrant search in Clinton, you can go to the following state agencies:

  • The sheriff's office: 810 Franklin, Carlyle, Illinois 62231
  • The magistrate's office: 850 Fairfax St, Carlyle, IL 62231
  • The clerk of court's office: PO Box 308, Carlyle, Illinois 62231

Despite a decrease of almost 50% in the rates of criminal activity, Clinton County, IN still witnesses nearly 1000 crimes per annum. Of these just about 4% were violent while the remaining 96% were attributed to property crimes.

ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY AND TERMS

Important Note: This website is not affiliated with the U.S. Government or any State or Federal government agency and is not an official source of information. This is a private site. For any questions you may have please consult a lawyer.

Information found on this site must be used for lawfully acceptable purposes only. It is against the law to stalk or harass anyone using the information found on this site. Visitors cannot search for public officials, minors, or celebrities. Anyone who uses this site to access information through purposeful misrepresentation of themselves, or uses the information accessed in illegal pursuits may face criminal and civil charges. Information that can be found on this site is compiled from records that may be incomplete or have errors. The owners of this site do not own the records found on this site or any public records database. All records presented on this site are gathered from third party databases that are not controlled by the owners of this site. Every search is subject to applicable laws, to this site's terms of use and to the terms of use of the third party vendors that provide access to such information. The website owners may receive compensation if you complete a registration through our website. When you complete such registration you will receive access to a third party membership area - of which we have no control of. Please further read our entire terms of use.

Copyright ©2011- IndianaArrests.org. All rights reserved.