A warrant for arrest granted in a criminal case differs significantly from the other host of detention orders that the judiciary is authorized to issue. For one, unlike other directives for apprehending suspects, which are usually issued because a person neglected to appear in court, a criminal warrant for arrest is solely issued when the police formally request a person.
A written complaint and request is filed in the local criminal court, offering the magistrate insights on crucial case related facts like the evidence, crime, and suspect. After deliberating over the adequacy of the proof available for filing a criminal case against the accused, a signed order is issued, which is known as a Boone County active arrest warrant.
Unlike bench warrants, summons, and other directives to appear in court, a criminal arrest order cannot be evacuated, and it does not lapse. This means that it stays in the system as an outstanding warrant till the person in whose name it has been issued is arrested.
The Boone County, IN sheriff’s department, has access to a central FBI database that holds arrest records for the county’s towns and cities. This repository can be used for conducting a warrant search throughout the country.
You will need to approach this local justice agency if you are looking to find criminal information relating to an individual you know. Visiting the sheriff’s office is one option to access arrest records. They are located at 1905 Indianapolis Ave, Lebanon, Indiana 46052. On the other hand, if you are more comfortable searching for warrants online, fill the form above.
Can you access the Boone County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- Information about arrests and detainees may be obtained by contacting Boone County Corrections at 765-483-5780.
- Information about requesting arrest records and police reports may be obtained by contacting the Sheriff’s Office at 765-482-1412.
- Information on a criminal case under investigation can be obtained by contacting the Investigation Division at 765-483-6405.
- Information about people in the warrants list can be provided by calling 765-482-1412 Ext. 8.
- Information on assistance available to victims may be obtained by contacting Prosecutor’s Office at 765-482-6860.
- Information on requesting judicial records and a criminal background check may be obtained by contacting the Office of the Clerk of Court at 765-482-3510.
Crime statistics of Boone County
Boone County has a violent crime average of approximately 2.7/1000 residents, which puts the incident rate of such crimes at approximately 170 cases per year. This is definitely lower than the state average of 3.7.
The property crime average is lower still, at 6.6 cases/1000 residents as compared to state average of 19.7 incidents/1000 residents. This works out to a few over 400 cases each year.
Starting in 2001, the following eight years till 2008 saw an annual crime rate of just about 200; this figure is the sum of all reported violent and property crimes. While Boone still has one of the lowest crime rates in the state, the number of incident reports has steadily increased over this period.
In 2001, the crime figure was in double digits, but by 2008, this had increased by almost 100%. Of the total annual crime reports filed in the county, only a little over 5% are occurrences of violent crime.