Conducting regular arrest warrant searches in Switzerland County, IN, will be in your best interest, although the area’s crime rates are not the highest in the state. Criminals are often misrepresented in popular media as trigger happy individuals with menacing looks. While some do fit that bill, others operate right under the society’s nose under the guise of decency and legitimacy.
Hence it is essential to have a system in place that will help you to ward off these antisocial elements. One of the simplest ways to ensure that you are one step ahead of such criminal minds is to find out about any active warrants and arrest records from Switzerland County in the name of new business associates, friends, and acquaintances.
To launch an inquiry into criminal history, including arrest warrants, you will have to visit one of the agencies listed below:
- Law enforcement: 405 Liberty St, Vevay, Indiana 47043
- Judiciary: 212 W Main St, Vevay, IN 47043
- County clerk: As above
You can also send in your outstanding warrant search requests through the mail. Typically, you will be asked to offer information such as the subject’s name and his/her date of birth. Any additional data that you may have will help to narrow down the results of the inquiry. Also, be prepared to provide details about yourself.
It usually takes no more than a few minutes to get your inquiry addressed at the local sheriff’s office’s public services window. You could also use the civilian service terminals at the county clerk’s office to find information on arrests and warrants from their court dockets database.
How do you contact state agencies for an arrest report or details about warrants from Switzerland County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- Information about arrests and detainees may be obtained by contacting the Switzerland County Jail at 812-427-2057.
- Information about arrest warrants and requesting arrest records and police reports may be obtained by contacting the Sheriff’s Office at 812-427-3636.
- Information on assistance available to victims may be obtained by contacting the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 812-427-4455.
- Information on requesting judicial records and a criminal background check may be obtained by contacting the Office of the Clerk of Court at 812-427-3175.
Crime statistics of Switzerland County
According to non-government sources, Switzerland County has an annual crime rate of approximately 120 cases. While the area is safer than 95% of the other counties in the state, it is hard to ignore the fact that nearly 40% of all crimes recorded are of a violent nature.
In recent years, violent crimes accounted for nearly 36 complaints filed per annum while property crimes brought in around 80 complaints.
Older crime statistics
Switzerland County, North Carolina, seems to lie in the middle of the crime scale when the area’s incident indexes are compared with that of the state and the nation. While the county crime index stood at 50, that of NC was at 92, and the countrywide crime average was 100. As far as the risk of a specific occurrence type went, murders had the higher crime average at 59.