Fountain County, Indiana arrest warrants are only issued when the accused fails to show up for the hearing after he has been released on bail and when the police levy a severe criminal charge against an individual. Although the civil tribunals also have a detention order called a bench warrant at their disposal, this does not have half the active warrant powers.
Over time, a bench warrant expires, and the prosecution has to reapply for the order if they want a person to be brought in. However, arrest warrants are perpetual; even years after release, the only real change in these orders is slight in the legal terminology used. An active order that remains un-executed is called an outstanding warrant from Fountain County.
The police have the authority to chase a person beyond the geographical bounds of a county and even enlist law enforcement agencies from other states to capture an accused who has a warrant in his name. Active warrants are not limited when it comes to their execution. This means that the arrest can even occur outside the issuing county.
If you are looking for information on arrest warrants issued in your name or that of a loved one or would like to get a warrant search done, there are three agencies that you can approach.
- Law enforcement: 216 Union St, Covington, Indiana 47932
- Justice agency: 301 4th St, Covington, IN 47932
- County Clerk: Courthouse Square, Covington, Indiana 47932
All agencies will provide essential arrest records, warrant related data, and related information where possible, like civil records, the name of the subject figures in the most wanted Fountain list, etc.
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Fountain County over the phone? (2021-current)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Sheriff’s Office- 765-793-3545.
- To file a non-emergency complaint, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 765-793-2410.
- To report a person who has an outstanding warrant against him/her, call the Sheriff’s Office or Covington PD (765-793-2449) or Veedersburg PD (765-294-2345).
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the Fountain County Attorney’s Office at 765-793-2411.
- To access judicial records, get in touch with the Clerk of Court at 765- 793-2192.
Crime Statistics of Fountain County
At 10 incidents/1000 residents Fountain County has a 50% lower property crime rate as compared to the State of Indiana and the country. Unfortunately, the violent crime rate of the area is higher than both the state and the national average at almost 4 incidents/1000.
In terms of absolute incident figures that works out to almost 170 cases of property crimes and 70 instances of violent crimes per year.
In the five years from 2002 to 2007, nearly 700 criminal complaints were lodged with Fountain County, IN, sheriff’s office. Of the annual average of approximately 150 incidents, about 15 are violent, so the rate of violent criminal incidents stands at almost 10%; this, despite a whopping 110% drop in the rates of such crimes.