The police station in your area is just one of the places that you could go to for an arrest warrant search in Ohio County, IN. While you do have other options ranging from online sites that provide details on arrest records and active warrants for a fee to the state judicial network, cops do get an upper hand on two fronts:
- The police can provide pertinent information on all arrests made by them and any active warrants that the sheriff’s office has sought
- They can offer a formal background report containing information on all the criminal involvements of the subject
In fact, you could easily check out the most wanted list of Ohio County as well when you are at the police precinct. Going to the judiciary will also get you details on criminal matters plus you could snoop around in the civil history of the subject. For instance, the court of the magistrate can deliver information on bench warrants issued by family and civil courts.
On the other hand, the county clerk’s office will be able to fetch results on the issue of Ohio County outstanding warrants, arrest records, criminal dispositions and civil case dockets. To add to this, you could connect with both judicial agencies at the same address. The only difference is that the office of the clerk of court will allow you to conduct the warrant search on your own.
Yes, you heard it right; it is possible to access the court dockets database of the agency by approaching their office. Information is typically offered free of charge but there will be printing costs involved if you need to take the background report home with you. To visit these agencies, use the contact details given below. Remember to take some form of government issued Identification along.
- The sheriff: 123 S Mulberry St, Rising Sun, Indiana 47040
- The magistrate: 413 Main St, Rising Sun, IN 47040
- The clerk of court: As above