If your interests go beyond active warrants but are still within the bounds of what would qualify as legal history, you may want to try the office of the magistrate for your Newton County arrest warrant search. The sitting judge hears all petitions relating to judicial orders from IN, including those filed for the issue of active warrants.
Like the police, the magistrate’s court, and the county clerk’s office keeps details about arrest records and warrant issues. However, the magistrate’s representative will also help with more information on other judicial instruments like summons, subpoenas, and bench warrants for arrests.
Finally, the court clerk will be able to open up a world of criminal history information for you, and this branch of the judiciary can get you details on civil matters from their court dockets database. The department is notably generous when it comes to granting access to this repository.
If you are not opposed to the idea of driving down to the justice center, you can conduct the inquiry on your own. The office houses several public service terminals that are linked to the repository of court records. To use this facility for researching Newton County arrest records and outstanding warrants, you will have to carry a government-issued photo ID along. To visit the offices of the departments discussed here, you can go to:
- The sheriff: 304 E Seymour, Kentland, Indiana 47951
- The magistrate: 201 N 3rd St, Kentland, IN 47951
- The clerk of court: 201 North 3rd Street, Kentland, Indiana 47951
Can you get details about Newton County recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-data)
- For information on recent arrests, call the Newton County Jail at 219-474-3999
- For arrest records and incident reports, connect with the Administrative Division at 219-474-3331;
- To report a crime, use the phone number of non-emergency dispatch- 219-474-5661.
- To inquire about arrest warrants, connect with the Superior Court at 219-474-5569.
- For victim’s assistance and information, call the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 219-474-5777.
- For information on initiating a criminal case search, call the Clerk of Court at 219-474-6081.
Crime Statistics of Newton County
In 2015, the Newton County Sheriff’s Office reported handling 124 criminal cases. All, except for one of these, were against property crimes. The lone complaint filed in the violent crime category was against assault. Cases lodged against property crimes included offenses such as:
- 73 larceny thefts
- 45 burglaries
- 5 car thefts
In the four years that concluded over 2008, 900 criminal incidents were reported in Newton County, Indiana. Of these illegal acts, about 4% were violent incidents, including murder, sexual assault, and the like. Property crimes accounted for 96% of the annual crime average of 200 cases. Through this interval, there was an increase of 20% in the crime figures of the area.