Clinton County, Indiana Arrest Records and Warrants

Indiana Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your Indiana criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

A warrant application hearing has to mandatorily precede the issue of an active warrant in Clinton County, Indiana. This process has been established to ensure that the police cannot detain anybody on mere suspicion unless they have significant proof in their hand. The judiciary is appointed to provide the evidence’s adequacy before a person is brought in to face charges.

The sheriff’s office or the victim of a criminal act has to file a complaint in court for the issue of arrest warrants. This affidavit is deliberated upon to ensure that the reasons given in the petition to explain the culpability of the alleged offender are enough for a person of reasonable mind to believe that the said individual indeed committed the crime.

After the probable cause is established, the magistrate has the authority to sign the order and put it into effect as a Clinton County active warrant. Another term that people frequently come across when conducting a warrant search is- outstanding warrant. This is simply a detention order that has stayed in the system without being served. There can be many reasons for the non-execution of a warrant.

However, it is imperative to understand that as long as an outstanding warrant remains in the database, the police are sitting on a significant amount of evidence against the accused. If you are looking for arrest records or a warrant search in Clinton, you can go to the following state agencies:

  • The sheriff’s office: 810 Franklin, Carlyle, Illinois 62231
  • The magistrate’s office: 850 Fairfax St, Carlyle, IL 62231
  • The clerk of court’s office: PO Box 308, Carlyle, Illinois 62231

Can you access the Clinton County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)

  • To know about recent arrests: Call the Clinton County Jail at (765) 659-6333.
  • To find out about outstanding warrants: Call the Criminal Records Division at (765) 659-6373.
  • To access inmate records: Get in touch with Corrections at (765) 659-6396.
  • To know about the investigation of a criminal case filed by you: Call Investigations at (765) 659-6394.
  • To get general information or to file a non-emergency complaint: Call the Sheriff’s dispatch phone number- (765) 654-5563.
  •  To learn more about crime victim assistance: Call the Victim’s Advocate at (765) 659-6350.
  • To know more about accessing criminal court records: Contact the Clerk’s Office at (765) 659-6335.

Crime Statistics of Clinton County

In 2019, the law enforcement agencies of Clinton County received around 200 criminal complaints, which was 10% lower than the annual crime average of 2018. The yearly total included around 175 cases of property crimes and approximately 20 cases of violent crimes.

With more than 120 complaints attributed to it, larceny-theft led to the maximum number of cases filed in the property crimes category, while aggravated assault with almost 15 complaints had the highest rate of occurrence of all violent crimes.

Despite a decrease of almost 50% in the rates of criminal activity, Clinton County, IN still witnesses nearly 1000 crimes per annum. Of these, just about 4% were violent, while the remaining 96% were attributed to property crimes.

Search Indiana arrest records by county: