To most, it might seem like warrants are issued at the drop of a hat. Then again, these orders are frequently released for a myriad of seemingly varied reasons. Fortunately, when you conduct an arrest warrants search in Vermillion County, IN, you will get information on all sorts of detention directives.
Of these court decrees, active warrants that are issued against felonious acts hold the most authority. Under such a provision, cops can go well and above the call of duty to bring the accused in. If arrests have to be made outside the issuing county, officers will cross state lines. Detentions under Vermillion County outstanding warrants can take place at any time.
All areas are accessible to cops when acting under such an order; this includes the accused’s home, which can be entered to take him into custody. As far as arrest records go, you will find information on detentions that occurred under a warrant, along with cases in which such a directive was not used when apprehending the suspect.
An inquiry into the arrest warrants will get you all this information and more in the name of a person. The county clerk’s office, which has the court dockets repository, will also be able to furnish details on non-criminal cases against the subject apart from the regular background report given in response to a warrant search. To connect with a state agency for this purpose, you can go to:
- The sheriff: 1888 S State Rd 63, PO Box 130, Newport, Indiana 47966-0130
- The magistrate: 255 S Main St, Newport, IN 47854
- The clerk of court: PO Box 190, Newport, Indiana 47966
How do you contact state agencies over the phone for an arrest report or information about warrants from Vermillion County? (Updated-2021)
- To find out about Vermillion County arrests, contact the local jail at 765-492-3838.
- To request criminal records, including information on warrants, and an incident, accident, or arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office- 765-492-3737, 765- 665-0142, 765- 832-7785.
- To seek help offered to crime victims, contact the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office- 765-492-5370.
- To obtain a criminal background check or judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court- 765-492-3500.
Crime statistics of Vermillion County
In a standard year, the law enforcement agencies of Vermillion County handle around 29 complaints/1000 residents. When applied to the area’s population, this works out to a yearly average of more than 460 cases. Of these, nearly 20% are violent crimes, which is around 80 cases filed throughout the year. Property crimes account for an estimated 160 cases, while “other” crimes lead to the filing of approximately 225 cases.
Older crime rates
Of the 100 criminal complaints brought to the sheriff’s Vermillion County office, Indiana, only about 10% are lodged in matters about violence. Murders, assaults, and rapes fall in this category. However, the area has a real problem with property crime rates, which bring in 85 cases per annum.