There is certainly no shortage of government sources that will offer you information on active warrants from Greene County, Indiana. The only issue is that you will have to visit the agency office for a warrant search personally. Also, you will need to furnish information about yourself and the subject to initiate the inquiry.
This can be a bit of a problem for a person who has a Greene County outstanding warrant in his name. For one, he will be immediately arrested. Also, because this individual will be treated as somebody trying to evade the law, he/she will find it hard to secure bail. In this scenario, the only option to get details on arrest warrants is to use an online information provider’s services.
You can fill the form above to access an internet-based database of nationwide arrest records and warrants. While the data found in this repository is as accurate as of that from any government source, you can only use it for unofficial purposes.
This means that if you need a notarized copy of the background report for offering or gaining employment, you will not be able to get such a document from an online agency. However, you can contact a state agency for this report. The three government departments that you can go to include:
- The police: 403 7th St, Carrollton, Illinois 62016
- The magistrate: 519 N Main St, Carrollton, IL 62016
- The county clerk: Same as above
Is it possible to get information on Greene County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To get general information and to file a non-emergency complaint, call the Sheriff’s Department at (812) 384-4411.
- To request an arrest report or the police report of an incident/accident, contact the Records Unit at (812) 384-4411 ext. 2.
- For information on recent arrests and inmate arrest history, dial the phone number of Jail Division at (812) 384-4411 ext.4.
- To obtain case-specific information concerning a criminal complaint, call dispatch at (812) 384-4411 ext.1.
- To get information on victim’s assistance, call the Greene County Prosecutor at (812) 384-4998.
- For inquiries about court dates and judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at (812) 384-8532.
Crime Statistics of Greene County
In 2015, the Greene County Sheriff’s Department filed approximately 230 criminal reports. Property offenses accounted for all but one of these complaints. The sole complaint in the violent crime category was filed against rape. The property crimes category included over 160 cases of larceny-theft and nearly 40 cases of burglary.
Of the 200 plus crimes reported in Greene County, Indiana, every year, only about 5 are instances of violent crime, while the remaining are property theft and damage complaints. In recent years, there has been a significant improvement in the area’s crime rates, with a reduction of over 80% in reported crime and a decrease of 40% in violent crime.