Unless an active warrant is granted to the police, they only detain a person in limited circumstances. The sheriff’s office seeks arrest warrants because these decrees confer individual peace officers’ rights when apprehending the suspect.
Unlike bench warrants from Ripley, an active order for arrest can be executed outside the issuing county and virtually. In fact, what is essential for the peace officers, in such a case, is that the suspect is brought in to stand trial, and they do have the authority to use force to bring in the accused individual.
This is one of the primary reasons why even people who do not have a criminal past ought to consider doing a Ripley County warrant search in their name at regular intervals. This will help you determine if any outstanding warrants have found their way into the county and the country’s law enforcement databases.
You can choose to use the services of an online information vendor. For this, all you need to do is fill the form above, and you will be given access to a privately managed database of arrest records from Ripley as well as the rest of the nation. Another option is to look for records on arrest warrants through a state agency. The details of the government offices that you can approach for such information is given below:
- Sheriff: PO Box 686, 210 N Monroe St, Versailles, Indiana 47042
- Court: 115 S Main St, Versailles, IN 47042
- Clerk of Court: Box 404, Versailles, Indiana 47042
Is it feasible to acquire information over the phone about Ripley County arrest warrants and recent arrests? (2021-Update)
- Call the Ripley County Jail at (812) 689-3437 for information about recent arrests.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at 812-689-5558 for arrest records and incident reports.
- Use the non-emergency, 24-hour dispatch phone number- 812-689-5555 to get general information
- Call the Superior Court at 812-689-4022 or the Batesville City Court at 812-933-6108 for a warrant search
- Contact the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 812-689-6331 for victim support and information.
- Call the Clerk of Court at 812-689-6115 for a criminal case search
Crime statistics of Ripley County
The law enforcement offices in Ripley County reported an annual crime average of 184 incidents in 2015. Of the listed crimes, only 1 was a violent offense, which involved robbery. The remaining 183 complaints were filed against property crimes such as:
- 136 larceny thefts.
- 35 burglaries.
- 12 motor vehicle thefts.
Older crime statistics
Of the 153 crimes reported to the police in Ripley County, IN, only about eight incidents per year were against violent criminal acts. This works out to about 6% of the total annual crime rate. Despite the lower than usual crime average, the sheriff’s department of the area has been unable to control the rise of almost 90% in the number of reported occurrences and the doubling of violent incidents.